Tuesday, November 11, 2008

thirty minute earrings

Here I am, sitting at the desk next to my workshop, trying to figure out what kind of earrings I could possibly make in 30 minutes that. Why? Because there's a contest, or rather, a challenge to make an awesome pair of earrings in 30 minutes. The winners will have their earrings and how-to published in a book. And I can enter as many as I want. I have one pair of earrings I'm already working on (see previous post), but can I get the time down to 30 minutes or less? I don't know. If I can, not only will I have an entry for this challenge, but I'll have something I can sit and make over and over to sell. The more I have to sell, the more money I could potentially make.

I have another idea in my head, one not in my sketchbook. The parts are sitting here beside my elbow as I type. This pair, I'm fairly certain, will take less than 30 minutes, but will they be pretty? Will anyone want to put them up by their faces and say, "Look at these awesome earrings! I bought them on Etsy, what a steal!"

I'm a perfectionist. Almost everything I make, I don't like after I'm done. The things I've sold so far, I'm amazed that anyone would buy them. My most recent sales were on Artistful.com. I haven't received any feedback yet, but I'm hoping the customer liked them as much in person as they did when she saw them on her computer screen.

Well, here I go. I need to make some earrings and see how they turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP